Righeira — Vamos a la playa
from Righeira (1983)
An epic Italo-disco track from 1983, from the Turin-based duo Righeira. Sounds totally carefree, but the lyrics are actually about the fallout of a nuclear bomb:
Vamos a la playa / Let’s go to the beach
todos con sombrero. / everyone with a hat.
El viento radiactivo / the radioactive wind
despeina los cabellos. / messes up your hair.
Vamos a la playa, / Let’s go to the beach
al fin el mar es limpio. / finally the sea is clean.
No más peces hediondos, / No more stinking fish,
sino agua fluorescente. / but fluorescent waters.
An odd choice for the discoteca… and this, three years before actual radioactive winds blew to Italy from Chernobyl. (The video is also worth a look, if you have a high tolerance for neon.)
- necklace-in-a-hamburger likes this
- too-much-midi reblogged this from mrrobotico and added:
- mrrobotico reblogged this from synthpopjoe
- julianahuxtable likes this
- aghostwhorawks likes this
- synthpopjoe reblogged this from yerdarlingdaily
- breakyourconcentration likes this
- drunkinabeautifulgarden likes this
- adultcrash likes this
- captainpeebles likes this
- tothemaxxx likes this
- lishassueno reblogged this from yerdarlingdaily
- yerdarlingdaily posted this